Welcome to the SaRS London Branch home page
The 2016/2017 London Branch event calendar begins in September. The next London Branch meeting is:
|16th November 2016||James Turner, Wood Group Mustang|
Mia Bennett, CRA
Lucy Wickham, Mouchel
Pete Stanton, Network Rail
|“Making Balanced Safety Decisions”||Mott MacDonald, 10 Fleet Place, London EC4M 7RB|
|18th January 2017||Michael Kilby, Crossrail||“System Safety of Large Projects”||RSSB Offices, Moorgate, London|
|15th March 2017||Simon Stevens, ZF TRW|
Steve Denniss, WSP Parsons Brinckerhoff
|“Cyber Security – Different industry approaches?”||WSP House, 70 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1AF|
|17th May 2017||James Catmur, JC&A Associates||“Goal Structuring Notation – Theory and practice”||RSSB Offices, Moorgate, London|
The London Branch meetings will begin at 1730, for a 1800 start.
As with all SaRS branches, the branch covers a wide range of industries and organisations which include marine classification, railway design, assurance and operators.
SaRS London Branch covers London and surrounding area with Central London at its heart and providing the location of many of the events organised by the branch.
Who to contact for more information
For further information on the London Branch (including events), please contact the secretary, Emma Taylor by e-mail
Each year the branch organises a number of evening lectures. Lectures address topics which are of relevance to Safety and Reliability Professionals and are an excellent method of keeping informed of current developments; additionally the meetings are an ideal networking opportunity. In addition, the branch promotes a number of events organised by related organisations in the London area which might be of interest to members of the SaRS London Branch community.
If you wish to be included in the London Branch distribution list please e-mail the branch secretary and we will arrange for your to receive information from the branch.
Please also feel free to join the LinkedIn group, no membership of SaRS is necessary.
The branch events calendar year runs from September to May each year.
- The London Branch held its Inaugural meeting on the 16th June 2016, with speaker Nicola Stacey from HSL. Nicola’s presentation is available here.
- The London Branch held its AGM on the 26th April 2016, and the minutes of meeting are available here. The presentation includes the incoming Chair’s plans for 2016, as well as the results of the membership consultation survey. The presentation is available here.
- If you want to know how to join the Safety and Reliability Society, view the presentation here.
- The team, headed by Vincent Ganthy, are now working on updating the membership database, including identifying how people would prefer to stay in touch (LinkedIn announcements, email etc.)
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
- Click here if you want to update your communication preferences https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VTJ5C3J
Chairman: Colin Dennis
Secretary: Emma Taylor
Treasurer: Pete Stanton
Membership: Vincent Ganthy
Past Chair: Ben Gilmartin
LinkedIn Group Page Editor: James Catmur
Nuclear representative: Ashraf El-Shanawany