The Society welcomes applications from anyone working in or interested in Safety and Reliability, regardless of background. There is a membership grade for everyone, please choose the grade you wish to apply for and follow the steps below:
● Find the membership grade that matches your qualifications and experience from the list below
● Download and complete the application form – you can send your CV with the form as evidence for the experience section
● Find a proposer and seconder who can sign off your experience
Please read our Membership Application Guidance Form to assist you in your application.
Grades of membership are:
To join as a Member you will need to to:
- have an appropriate honours first degree or equivalent (recognised by the Society). SaRS members have first degrees in various backgrounds such as physics, maths, chemistry, engineering and psychology.
- or be registered as a Chartered Engineer, Incorporated Engineer or equivalent
- and have 2 years relevant experience in safety and reliability.
Please download the Member application form here and complete it. The subscription for Membership for 2017 is £111.00.
If you do not have an honours degree you can still apply – please see the Experienced Route to Membership at the bottom of the page.
Fellows must have the qualifications and experience required for the class of Member and demonstrate that they have held a senior or eminent position of responsibility in the Safety and Reliability field for 2 or more years IN ADDITION to the experience necessary for MEMBER.
This can be demonstrated both by management responsibility and by eminence demonstrated by technical innovation, writing or significant contributions to relevant committees. For full details please see the application guidance.
Please download the Fellow application form here. The subscription for Fellowship for 2017 is £168.00.
Associate Members need to satisfy either
- the educational requirements for MEMBER
- have 2 years of relevant experience for MEMBER
- and intend to go on to fulfil the criteria and apply for full Membership.
Please download the Associate Member application form here. The subscription for Associate Membership for 2017 is £78.00.
If you are interested in the general advancement of Safety and Reliability technology you can join as an Associate of the Society.
Anyone can join as a non-corporate Associate of the Society. Simply download the application form here and complete it. The subscription for Associate for 2017 is £78.00.
If you are undergoing an approved course of full-time further education and intend to fulfill the requirements for admission to the class of Associate Member when your course finishes, you can join as a Student Member
Please download the Student application form here. The student subscription for Membership for 2017 is £45.00.
EXPERIENCE ROUTE TO MEMBER
If you don’t have an honours degree in a relevant subject you can apply for full Membership via the Experience Route. To apply through the Experience Route to Membership you must have:
- 2 years relevant experience
- hold a Higher National Certificate or a Diploma or a Foundation Degree in engineering or technology, plus appropriate further learning to degree level
- hold an NVQ4 or SVQ4 which has been approved as appropriate further learning
- demonstrate your ability to meet the criteria through a mix of application form, CV and a Review Report
- provide a technical report. You will be contacted by the SaRS Office, if this applies to you.
Please download the Experience Route to Member application form here. The subscription for Membership for 2017 is £111.00.
Membership of SaRS is a nationally and internationally recognised standard of expertise in Safety and Reliability. As a Member of the Society you will receive our quarterly peer reviewed Journal and our monthly newsletter as well as discounted access to our conferences and events and free access to our Member’s Area on our website. You will also be entitled to the designatory letters MSaRS or FSaRS if you become a Fellow.