Anyone can join the Safety and Reliability Society. We welcome applications from varied backgrounds. If you work in safety relaibility or risk please see the membership benefits below.
If you are interested in safety, reliability or risk and wish to support the Society all you need to do is apply to become an Associate.
Membership of SaRS is a nationally and internationally recognised standard of expertise in Safety and Reliability. As a Member of the Society you will receive our quarterly peer reviewed Journal and our monthly newsletter as well as discounted access to our conferences and events and free access to our Member’s Area on our website. You will also be entitled to the designatory letters MSaRS or FSaRS if you become a Fellow.
If your career is in logistics or safety, reliability or risk then we have grades of membership that can take you from being a student through to being a Chartered Engineer. If you would like to join please download and complete an application form. If you are unsure what grade of membership you should apply for the individual membership page and please contact the SaRS office.
We have a network of branches with members who can help you with you application. Please see the branches pages for contacts.
Membership benefits include:
- Receipt of our monthly Newsletter
- Receipt of our quarterly (peer reviewed) Journal which is published by Taylor & Francis and indexed on Thomson Reuters databases
- Discounted attendance at SaRS events
- Discounted attendance at events co-sponsored by SaRS
- Regular branch Events and access to Branch networks
- Membership area with access to a body of knowledge
- Designatory letters MSaRS or FSaRS
- Access to online CPD planning via mycareerpath
- Apply for IEng or CEng via SaRS
Affiliate members enjoy all the above benefits plus:
- Discounted advertising with SaRS (50% reduction on cost)
- Further discounted attendance at SaRS Events
- A weblink on the SaRS website
- A Listing in the updates Safety and Reliability Journal
- Access to the Companies Scheme which offers Affiliate employees discounted membership (when paid for by their employer)
- Company competency profiles on mycareerpath