AMS/1 is the UK mirror committee of ISO/TC 251 which has published the following ISO 55000 series standards:
- ISO 55000: 2014 AM – Overview, principles and terminology
- ISO 55001: 2014 AM – Management Systems – Requirements
- ISO 55002: 2014 AM – Management Systems – Guidelines for the application of ISO 55001
See website https://committee.iso.org/tc251
Report from 6th June/6th December 2017
ISO/TC251 has five workgroups that are developing various aspects of the ISO 55000 series of standards, including the development of:
- Freely available guidance articles, including:
- Managing Assets in the context of Asset Management – which addresses the simple question of ‘do you mean Asset Management or Managing Assets?’
- Improving alignment between technical and financial management within organisations.
- Guidance specific to the financial aspects of asset management (ISO DTS 55010).
- ISO/DIS 55002 (Ed 2) to give clearer advice on the linkages between some of the key management system elements e.g. risk, and to remove some inconsistencies.
- Guidance on the development of government asset management policy (ISO 55011).
The next ISO/TC 251 Plenary is 5-9th February 2018.
A new IEC/TC 123 Asset management for power systems has been established. A mirror committee has been established under AMS/1. First meeting scheduled for January 2018.