‘Vision Zero’ for Road Safety
How can we apply the safe system/vision zero approach to road safety? We will answer this question and more in this joint face to face/online event. For those wishing to attend in person the event will be hosted at WSP’s Chancery Lane office in London (70 Chancery Lane, London WC2A 1AF).
The event will cover:
- The need to address the public health crisis resulting from killing more than 1,500 and injuring more than 125,000 people each year on Britain’s roads
- The change in thinking and approach from ‘blaming the driver’ to a safe system approach that considers safer roads, safer vehicles and safer road users to achieve the ultimate vision that the only acceptable number of deaths and serious injuries on our roads is zero (Vision Zero)
- The challenges we face in implementing such a safe system and achieving Vision Zero
- Experience from Sweden of using the safe system/Vision Zero approach for 25 years
- Experience of developing a Vision Zero action plan for the City of London
A Q&A session will follow the presentations.
Speaking on our panel will be:
- Axel Kappeler (Technical Director, Intelligent Transport Systems, WSP)
- Kate Carpenter (Director of Operational Road Safety, Jacobs)
- James Catmur (Director, JC&A Ltd)
- Tom Curson (Principal Consultant, Liveable Places, WSP)
The meeting will begin at 17:30, for a 18:00 start and will finish by 19:30. We will then continue networking following the usual SaRS tradition, at a local pub. This meeting will also be available by live webinar.
Meetings and webinars are open to all, you do not need to be a member of SaRS to attend.
Limited Spaces, Booking Essential, please don’t book for both.
* If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please do NOT join the face-to-face event.
Wednesday, 12th October 2022 at 6:00pm
Wednesday, 12th October 2022 at 7:30pm