Safety and Reliability Society has produced a series of new webinars that are available now for registration. Click the buttons below to register – live webinars are open to members and non-members
30 years of SIL
Wednesday, 12th February 2020 at 6:00pm
This event will look back at the 30 year history of Safety Integrity Level (SIL). The three speakers will explore the history and current use of SIL and give their views on concerns they have and where SIL will go next. There will also be an interactive Q&A session at the end.
The speakers are:
- Jasjeet Singh – Principal Consultant, DNVGL
- Ron Bell – Director, Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd
- James Catmur – Director, J C & A
The event will be held at DNV GL Offices, 30 Stamford Street Vivo Building, 4th Floor, London, SE1 9LQ on 12th February 1730 for an 1800 start and ending around 1930. To register to attend the event Click Here.
If you can’t attend in person for the event then you will still be able to join in by registering for the live webinar Click Here
Basics of Risk Management
February 2020 to July 2020
SaRS is delighted to announce a NEW INITIATIVE involving a series of 6 LUNCHTIME WEBINARS on THE BASICS OF RISK MANAGEMENT
Through a series of 6 technical webinars we will cover the basics of risk management using a single example to allow a full picture of the Safety Life Cycle by exploring different aspects during each webinar. This series aims to get people thinking in their day to day jobs how they could improve management in these areas. The webinars will be preceded by an article and supported by various LinkedIn posts. These posts will also have links to where you can find more information.
The webinars will be presented by Louise Whiting of Barberton Ltd. Louise is a Chartered Process Engineer and a Professional Safety Engineer accredited by IChemE. Over 11 years she has worked in process and process safety roles in Shell and BP giving her a good understanding of how various safety processes are executed in the field. She has also worked on a range of projects from green field to brownfield onshore and offshore where she developed a good understanding of the key project stages and processes to achieve robust risk management. Louise has a good understanding of upstream and has demonstrated that she can apply skills learned in various settings.
Registration is open to both members and non-members and you can register for as many as you wish.
- Safety Life Cycle – 19th February 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overpressure Protection – 18th March 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overfill Protection – 22nd April 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing intervention activities – 27th May 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- People placement – 17th June 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing events post loss of containment (with a view to limiting consequences) – 15th July 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
If you are a member of SaRS and you would like to view past webinars please register for access to the Member Area.
If you are not a member you can find out how to join here Join SaRS
If you would like to present a webinar as part of our developing programme please contact me via email at email@example.com