The Safety & Reliability Society (SaRS) webinar programme is brought to you by the SaRS Webinar Working Group (WWG) with the objectives of:
- Providing high quality cross industry learning on interesting safety and reliability (S&R) topics.
- Promoting the message of a safer and more reliable world.
- Encouraging greater participation in the development of S&R across all industries.
- Providing presenting, career development and CPD opportunities to individual S&R practitioners.
- Broadening the reach of SaRS and encouraging more S&R professionals to get involved with the Society.
- Helping to meet the charitable aims of the Society
As with all SaRS groups the WWG consists enthusiastic S&R professionals who volunteer their time to help promote S&R across all industries. The members of WWG are:
Angela Ku – Senior Safety & Risk Consultant at Jacobs, Bob Petch – Principal Engineer in Safety and Reliability at Wilde Analysis, Simon Burwood – Managing Director at Engineering Safety Consultants Ltd., Obinna Ugboaja – Principal Technical Safety Engineer at PD&MS Group, Jibril Okin – Process/Technical Safety Engineering Consultant, Colin Dennis (Chair) – SaRS.
Click below to register – all webinars are open to members and non-members
Basics of Risk Management
February 2020 to July 2020
SaRS is delighted to announce a NEW INITIATIVE involving a series of 6 LUNCHTIME WEBINARS on THE BASICS OF RISK MANAGEMENT
Through a series of 6 technical webinars we will cover the basics of risk management using a single example to allow a full picture of the Safety Life Cycle by exploring different aspects during each webinar. This series aims to get people thinking in their day to day jobs how they could improve management in these areas. The webinars will be preceded by an article and supported by various LinkedIn posts. These posts will also have links to where you can find more information.
The webinars will be presented by Louise Whiting of Barberton Ltd. Louise is a Chartered Process Engineer and a Professional Safety Engineer accredited by IChemE. Over 11 years she has worked in process and process safety roles in Shell and BP giving her a good understanding of how various safety processes are executed in the field. She has also worked on a range of projects from green field to brownfield onshore and offshore where she developed a good understanding of the key project stages and processes to achieve robust risk management. Louise has a good understanding of upstream and has demonstrated that she can apply skills learned in various settings.
Registration is open to both members and non-members and you can register for as many as you wish.
- Safety Life Cycle – 19th February 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- NEW DATE Overpressure Protection – Rescheduled – 20th March 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overfill Protection – 22nd April 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing intervention activities – 27th May 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- People placement – 17th June 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing events post loss of containment (with a view to limiting consequences) – 15th July 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
If you are a member of SaRS and you would like to view past webinars please register for access to the Member Area.
If you are not a member you can find out how to join here Join SaRS
If you would like to present a webinar as part of our developing programme please contact me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org