There is opportunity for SaRS members to influence the content of updates to existing standards and the development of new standards, by conducting reviews and providing comments when standards are published for international comment. The External Technical Activity (ETA) Committee is looking to create a register of reviewers for the various committees. If you are interested in being a reviewer please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org addressing your e-mail to the ETA Committee.
The Safety and Reliability Society have access to the following Consultation Documents.
BSI DS/1 – Dependability
The following BS standards are out for consultation:
The following IEC TC 56 standards are out for consultation:
- IEC 60300-3-18 ED1 CD1: Dependability Management – Part 3-17: Application guide – Reliability. Deadline for comment 16th January 2024.
- IEC 60300-3-10 ED2 CDV: Dependability Management – Part 3-10: Application guide – Maintainability and maintenance. Deadline for comment 26th December 2023.
The following IEC TC 56 documents are expected to be out for consultation soon:
- IEC 60300-1 ED4 FDIS: Dependability Management – Part 1: Managing Dependability
- IEC 60300-3-17 ED1 CD2: Dependability Management – Part 3-17: Application guide – Availability
- IEC 61025 ED3 CDV: Fault Tree Analysis
BSI GEL/65/1 – Systems Aspects
IEC 61508-3 Ed3 CD: Functional safety of electrical/electronic/programmable electronic safety-related systems – Parts 1 – 7. Response to National Committee comments is now being managed by a series of “information papers” (IPs) that are presented to the broader team by the sub-team working on that particular clause. In general the IPs have broad support. Work continues to develop CD2.
BSI PVE/3/6 – Hydrogen Technologies
The following ISO/TC 197 documents are out for consultation:
- ISO/DIS 19887: Gaseous Hydrogen – Fuel system components for hydrogen fuelled vehicles. Note: Includes requirements for FMEA on all components and test (including leak test)
- ISO/DIS 19880-9: Gaseous hydrogen – Fuelling stations – Part 9: Sampling for fuel quality analysis. Note: Includes requirement for safe sampling and components MAWP.
- ISO/DIS 19885-1: Gaseous hydrogen – Fuelling protocols for hydrogen fuelled vehicles – Part 1: Design and development process for fuelling protocols. Note: Includes requirements for risk assessment and fault management with reference to IEC 61508 and 61511.
The following ISO/TC 197 documents are expected to be out for consultation soon:
- ISO/AWI PD TR 15916: Basic considerations for the safety of hydrogen systems. Currently at preparatory stage.
- ISO/AWI 22734-1: Hydrogen generators using water electrolysis – Industrial, commercial, and residential applications – Part 1: General requirements, test protocols and safety requirements. Currently at preparatory stage.
Health and Safety Executive Public Consultations and Discussions
Take the opportunity to influence health and safety policy by participating in public consultations and discussions at http://consultations.hse.gov.uk
Office for Nuclear Regulation Public Consultations and Discussions
Take the opportunity to influence how the safety and security of the nuclear industry in the UK is regulated by participating in public consultations and discussions at ONR – Public consultations and discussions
Previous Standards for Comment
Previous standards considered by this committee:
- IEC 61882 Ed 2 – Hazard and operability studies (HAZOP studies)
- IEC 62740 – Root Cause Analysis
- IEC 62740 – Dependability case
- IEC 62673 – Methodology for Communication Network Dependability Assessment and Assurance
- IEC/ISO 31010:2009 – Risk management – Risk assessment techniques
- IEC 61882:2001- Hazard and operability studies (HAZOP studies) – Application guide
- IEC 62741 Ed1 – Guide to the demonstration of dependability requirements
- http://drafts.bsigroup.com/Home/Details/51615 for part 0
- http://drafts.bsigroup.com/Home/Details/51619 for part 24