Midlands Branch – Development of Risk Assessment Methodologies for Gas Distribution Systems Containing Hydrogen, both to and within homes and other Buildings
The last few years have seen a lot of interest in the proof that gas distribution systems can be operated safely with hydrogen or blends of hydrogen and natural gas. DNV has conducted experimental and theoretical research into these gases and extended and improved their existing natural gas models to allow these gases to be assessed and compared with one another. The CONIFER software package can now quantify risks across the whole distribution system from Intermediate Pressure (IP, 2-7 barg) pipes through to the Low Pressure (LP, up to 75mbar) end use in appliances within homes and other buildings. This software can be used to determine for example if specific situations are acceptable, or compare different design options.,.
The presentation includes the following:
- Details of the development of the QRA models and the factors that need to be taken into account
- A summary of the experimental programmes that provided crucial evidence
- Examples of experience with network conversion projects, applying the assessment methodology
- Interpretation of the outputs to make decisions
- Discussion about risk target levels
To register for the event please click here
The webinar will be presented by:
Dr. Andrew Phillips, DNV, Loughborough. Andy is a Principal Engineer within the Safety and Integrity team of DNV, based in Loughborough. Since 2001 he has worked on Quantitative Risk Assessment (QRA) of various onshore and floating assets.
Tuesday, 28th February 2023 at 5:30pm
Tuesday, 28th February 2023 at 6:45pm