Practical Engineering Education Conference PEE24
The University of Sheffield’s Multidisciplinary Engineering Education (MEE) Department is delighted to be hosting the third Practical Engineering Education Conference again on 2 and 3 of July 2024.
PEE24 is for educators looking to share their experience ofinnovation in practical teaching and for academic leaders considering how to revitalise practical teaching within their curriculums. It will explore the learning and teaching that happens when students get hands on with tools and equipment.
The conference will be hosted in The University of Sheffield’s Diamond Building. This striking structure is home to over 6,000 students from the Faculty of Engineering.
Following overwhelmingly positive feedback and interest from the past two events, the third PEE conference will be held on the 2 and 3 of July 2024.
The PEE24 themes will be:
- Integrating Practical Skills in the Engineering Education
- Mapping of the skills
- A cross-programme evaluation of student experience in labs
- Assessment and feedback of practical work
- Measuring the effectiveness of the lab reports skills
- Lab reports assessment
- One-to-one feedback sessions
- Automating feedback on pre- and post-lab work
- Large Language Models to improve feedback on lab reports
- Inclusivity and accessibility in the practical curriculum
- Pre-lab sessions that accommodate neurodiverse students
- Digitalisation of practical activities in higher education
- AI/ChatGPT to promote learning
- Utilisation of cameras
- A digital, 3D power station.
The conference will be made up of keynote speakers, networking sessions, delegate presentations, facilitated workshops, demos and tours, sponsor presentations, round table discussions and discussion panels. There will also be plenty of opportunities to share and exchange innovative ideas.
Tuesday, 2nd July 2024 at 9:00am
Wednesday, 3rd July 2024 at 5:00pm