Independent Safety Assurance Working Group (ISA WG) Report
Report from 17th July 2023
- Review of BS ISO 21448:2022; Road Vehicles Safety of Intended Functionality (SOTIF). First standard to look at SOTIF of road vehicle electrical and electronic systems, as opposed to safety issues that arise from systems’ failures.
- Review of ISA WG documentation underway, and review of how IET will support our documents going forward.
- Consideration of some upcoming new and updated standards in areas relevant to ISA WG, including:
- Def Stans 00-056 and 055
- ISO 37009 on Conflicts of Interest
- Upcoming Standard on Functional Safety for Defence
- ISO/IEC Technical Note on AI
- Review of ISA WG planned new documents (position papers, guidance documents, fact files etc.) including:
- KPIs for ISA contracts
- Degree of Rigour aspects of safety cases
- ISA issues for Agile development of safety-related systems and software
- Guidance on ISA review of safety case assumptions (as part of document on review of safety cases)
- Related Professional Activities: Reviews held of links with a number of professional bodies.
- Thoughts for upcoming ISA WG Webinar topics, to be agreed with IET:
- Proportionality and Rigour – an assessment view
- SOTIF II has identified one of the main reps who will do a webinar
- Multi-core processors