WEBINAR: Basics of Risk Management – 2. Overpressure Protection
Due to the unprecedented demand on online systems the webinar providers are having to do urgent maintenance today (18th March) to add more capacity into their systems. The event has therefore be postponed until Friday 20th March at 13:00. You can register for the rescheduled event here
Using our example of gasoline storage from our first webinar we will examine overpressure protection, how we may identify scenarios and how we can put in place mitigations. We will also revisit the safety lifecycle to examine where we are on our journey. Please register here.
Through a series of 6 technical webinars we will cover the basics of risk management using a single example to allow a full picture of the Safety Life Cycle by exploring different aspects during each webinar. This series aims to get people thinking in their day to day jobs how they could improve management in these areas. The webinars will be preceded by an article and supported by various LinkedIn posts. These posts will also have links to where you can find more information.
The webinars will be presented by Louise Whiting of Barberton Ltd. Louise is a Chartered Process Engineer and a Professional Safety Engineer accredited by IChemE. Over 11 years she has worked in process and process safety roles in Shell and BP giving her a good understanding of how various safety processes are executed in the field. She has also worked on a range of projects from green field to brownfield onshore and offshore where she developed a good understanding of the key project stages and processes to achieve robust risk management. Louise has a good understanding of upstream and has demonstrated that she can apply skills learned in various settings.
Registration is open to both members and non-members and you can register for as many as you wish.
- Safety Life Cycle – 19th February 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- NEW DATE – Overpressure Protection – rescheduled – 20th March 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overfill Protection – 22nd April 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing intervention activities – 27th May 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- People placement – 17th June 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing events post loss of containment (with a view to limiting consequences) – 15th July 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
Friday, 20th March 2020 at 1:00pm
Friday, 20th March 2020 at 2:00pm