WEBINAR: Basics of Risk Management – 5. People Placement
The single most important step in ensuring people are not injured in a process incident is deciding where to place them relative to the hazards. This step has unfortunately not always been properly assessed in the past as things such as operator convenience took precedence however incidents such as Texas City (2005) and Grangemouth Hydrocracker (1987) highlight the importance of getting this right every time. Join us to discuss the industrial standards and how their application can keep people safe should the worst happen through examining our gasoline storgage example from the previous webinars. Please register here.
Through a series of 6 technical webinars we will cover the basics of risk management using a single example to allow a full picture of the Safety Life Cycle by exploring different aspects during each webinar. This series aims to get people thinking in their day to day jobs how they could improve management in these areas. The webinars will be preceded by an article and supported by various LinkedIn posts. These posts will also have links to where you can find more information.
The webinars will be presented by Louise Whiting of Barberton Ltd. Louise is a Chartered Process Engineer and a Professional Safety Engineer accredited by IChemE. Over 11 years she has worked in process and process safety roles in Shell and BP giving her a good understanding of how various safety processes are executed in the field. She has also worked on a range of projects from green field to brownfield onshore and offshore where she developed a good understanding of the key project stages and processes to achieve robust risk management. Louise has a good understanding of upstream and has demonstrated that she can apply skills learned in various settings.
Registration is open to both members and non-members and you can register for as many as you wish.
- Safety Life Cycle – 19th February 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overpressure Protection – 18th March 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Overfill Protection – 22nd April 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing intervention activities – 27th May 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- People placement – 17th June 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
- Managing events post loss of containment (with a view to limiting consequences) – 15th July 2020 – 13:00 to 14:00. Please register here.
Wednesday, 17th June 2020 at 1:00pm
Wednesday, 17th June 2020 at 2:00pm